METRORAIL ALTERNATIVES ANALYSIS
The Metrorail Alternatives Analysis project has been completed with the selection of a preferred regional system by the Joint Policy Steering Committee (JPSC) charged with that responsibility in the Washington region. This report summarizes many of the issues addressed during the project, and focuses on the final regional alternatives that were developed as a prelude to the selection of the preferred regional system.
- Prepared in cooperation with Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Co., Washington, DC., JHK and Associates, Alexandria, VA., and Dames and Moore, Washington, DC.
Metropolitan Washington Council of GovernmentsJoint Policy Steering Committee
Washington, DC United States 20006
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
JHK & Associates,
Dames and Moore7101 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD United States 20014
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 207 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Cost effectiveness; Cost estimating; Estimates; Evaluation; Financing; Government funding; Metropolitan areas; Public transit; Rapid transit; Routes; Strategic planning; Subways; Systems analysis; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Substitutes; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00186870
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0077-78-2Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1982 12:00AM