RAIL PLANNING MANUAL. VOLUME II. GUIDE FOR PLANNERS
The report is designed to assist the planner-technician in the details of state rail planning. The contents describe recognized planning procedures, present specific analytical methods, provide practical examples of alternative analytical approaches, and identify data sources and reference materials. The seven chapters represent major segments within the rail planning process; they are titled: Organizing for State Rail Planning; Light Density Lines; Mainline Studies; Special Topics; Participation and Coordination; Implementing the State Rail Plan; Rail Planning and the Statewide Transportation Planning Process. Four appendices are included as follows: (A) a final Bibliography; (B) a Glossary of railroads terms which should prove most useful to the planner-technician; (C) a reprint of FRA regulations on rail service assistance; and (D) a reprint of Volume I - Guide to Decision-makers. A separate abstract of Volume I appears there.
- Prepared in cooperation with Creighton (Roger) Associates, Inc., Delmar, NY. See also Volume 1, PB-263182.
JWK International Corporation7617 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA USA 22003
Creighton (Roger) Associates, Incorporated274 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY USA 12054
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 720 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Decision making; Freight transportation; Governments; Guidelines; Industry structure; Level of service; Manuals; Planning; Railroad transportation; Railroads; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government planning; Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00186867
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: JWK-76-205 Res Rpt., FRA-RFA-78-01
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM