THE GENERAL DETERRENCE OF DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED. VOLUME II. SUBSYSTEM ANALYSES
A system analysis was completed of the general deterrence of driving while intoxicated (DWI). Detailed descriptions are provided of subsystems which potentially influence the DWI decision--patrol deployment, arrest, adjudication, and public information. Subsystem changes are suggested that are likely to enhance the general deterrence of DWI.
- See also Volume 1, PB-288112.
Anacapa Sciences, Incorported2034 de la Vina, P.O. Drawre Q
Santa Barbara, CA USA 93102
Washington, DC USA 20590
- SUMMERS, L G
- HARRIS, D H
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Arrests; Crash investigation; Driver rehabilitation; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Intoxication; Law enforcement; Police patrol; Prevention; Publicity; Research management; Safety; Simulation; Systems analysis; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deterrents; Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Law inforcement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00186856
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-583 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01456
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM