PROCEEDINGS-CONFERENCE ON AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
Twenty-eight papers were presented by experts from government and industry on system operations, passenger security, vehicle control and reliability, guideway and station structures, all-weather operation, ride comfort, deployed system assessments, automated highways, and developments in Canada, France and West Germany. The formal presentation of papers was followed by working sessions in the areas of system operations, vehicle systems and reliability, safety and security, wayside systems and all-weather operation, innovative transit, and social and economic factors. This report contains the proceedings of the conference.
- Proceedings of conference, Held at Cambridge, MA. on Feb 28-Mar 2, 1978.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 614 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Control devices; Costs; Meetings; Operations; Passenger security; Passenger vehicles; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Planning; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Reliability; Safety; Safety engineering; Socioeconomic factors; Technology; Technology assessment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Canada; Europe; France; Germany; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00186850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-78-28, UMTA-MA-06-0048-78-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1982 12:00AM