ANNUAL REVIEW OF AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT DATA, U.S. AIR CARRIER OPERATIONS, 1977
The publication presents the record of aviation accidents in all operations of the U.S. air carriers for calendar year 1977. It includes an analysis by class of carrier and type of service in which the 1977 performances were compared with 5-year base-period averages. A 10-year review, 1968 through 1977, of the certificated route carriers is presented for accident rates by aircraft make and model, types of accidents, phases of operation, causes or related factors, and a comparison between scheduled and nonscheduled revenue service. Statistical tables which summarize the accidents, fatalities, and accident rates; causal tables; and briefs of accidents are presented in the appendixes.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Technology, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1978-9-6
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Aviation safety; Casualties; Civil aviation; Crash data; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Injuries; Loss and damage; Research; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Tables (Data)
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00186789
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-ARC-78-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM