ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINATION BY LEAD AND OTHER HEAVY METALS. VOLUME 5. SYNTHESIS AND MODELING
This volume describes the development and application of methods for evaluating the present and future hazards arising from the use of lead additives in gasoline. The team's program comprised three separate efforts corresponding to the chapters in this volume. Chapter 2 discusses the development and application of physical and biological systems models which (1) translate motor vehicle traffic volumes into ambient concentrations of lead on roadside plants and in roadside soils and (2) translate ambient soil lead concentrations into their effects on plants. Chapter 3 describes the development and application of an interdisciplinary framework for assessing the costs and benefits associated with various alternatives for the future use of lead in gasoline. Chapter 4 discusses the development and application of econometric methods for simulating economic relationships which influence the level of motor-vehicle lead emissions.
- Also available in set of 5 reports PC E14, PB-287 150-SET.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignInstitute for Environmental Studies
Urbana, IL USA 61801
National Science FoundationApplied Science and Research Applications, 1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Wheeler, G L
- PROVENZANO, G
- Resek, R
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Agricultural products; Air pollution; Benefit cost analysis; Cadmium; Computer programs; Contaminants; Corn; Dust; Ecology; Econometrics; Environment; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Gasoline; Lead (Metal); Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Plants; Pollutants; Pollution; Public health; Risk analysis; Simulation; Soils; Soybeans; Surveys; Tetraethyl lead; Traffic; Traffic volume; Transport properties (Physics); Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination; Models; Transport properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00186784
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA-770685 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-31605, NSF-ERT74-24276
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM