PROBLEMS IN CALCULATIONS OF TURBULENT BOUNDARY LAYERS
PROBLEMY RASCHETA TURBULENTNOGO PROGRANICHNOGO SLOYA
A survey of certain new turbulent boundary layer problems--related to the semiempirical calculational methods for the solution of the following aspects: friction, heat and mass transfer on the surface of streamlined bodies, and certain integral characteristics of the boundary layer--is conducted. The problems discussed are: turbulent boundary layer on a flat plate, boundary layer with a positive and negative pressure gradient, boundary layer on a porous surface, and new directions in the calculational methods.
- Translation of monograph Turbulentnyye Techeniya, Moscow, 1970 pp 110-119, by Stanley Lekach.
Army Foreign Science and Technology Center220 7th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA USA 22901
- Avduevskii, V S
- Kalashnik, V N
- Publication Date: 1972-1-14
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer; Pressure; Streamlining; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Boundary layer theory
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040890
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FSTC-HT-23-1058-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM