ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINATION BY LEAD AND OTHER HEAVY METALS. VOLUME 4. SOIL-WATER-AIR-PLANT STUDIES
Research conducted by the Plant Response Group has included studies of the deposition of lead on plants, interactions between lead and soil, and the effect of lead on plant functions. Earlier work concentrated on lead uptake by plants, the physiological basis of plant effects, and studies of lead-soil interactions. Primary topics of study during the last 24 months of the soil-water-air-plant (SWAP) interaction program, include soil organisms, organism remains and fresh plant or animal residues, the soil solution, soil organic matter, macroscopic plants growing in or on the soil, and aerosol deposition. Considerable work with other metals, primarily cadmium, was also conducted as part of these studies. Included are detailed reports focusing on work conducted during the last 24 months of the project.
- Also available in set of 5 reports (PB-287150-SET).
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignInstitute for Environmental Studies
Urbana, IL USA 61801
National Science FoundationApplied Science and Research Applications, 1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Koeppe, D E
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 153 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerosols; Agricultural products; Air pollution; Cadmium; Contaminants; Corn; Dust; Ecology; Environment; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Gasoline; Heavy metals; Lead (Metal); Metals; Microbiology; Plants; Pollution; Sampling; Soils; Soils by organic content; Soybeans; Surveys; Systems analysis; Tetraethyl lead; Trace elements; Water pollution; Zinc
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Soil microbiology
- Subject Areas: Environment; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00186783
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA-770684 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-31605, NSF-ERT74-24276
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM