ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINATION BY LEAD AND OTHER HEAVY METALS. VOLUME 1. INTRODUCTION AND SUMMARY
This report presents the results of a project conducted by the Metals Task Force of the Institute for Environmental Studies to examine the sources, transport, fate, and effects of lead and other heavy metals in the environment. This report describes in detail the research conducted during the last 22 months of the project (October 1, 1975, to July 31, 1977) and summarizes the results obtained during earlier phases (November 1, 1971, to September 30, 1975). Volume 1 presents an overview of the project and its objectives, summarizes the research results, and lists some key facts about the project, its participants, and its products.
- Also available in set of 5 reports (PB-287150-SET).
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignInstitute for Environmental Studies
Urbana, IL United States 61801
National Science FoundationApplied Science and Research Applications, 1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Rolfe, G L
- Reinbold, K A
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerosols; Air pollution; Benefit cost analysis; Bibliographies; Biomass; Contaminants; Ecology; Environment; Environmental impacts; Flow charts; Gasoline; Heavy metals; Lead (Metal); Mathematical models; Metals; Plants; Pollution; Public health; Research management; Sampling; Soils; Surveys; Systems analysis; Tetraethyl lead; Toxicology; Trace elements; Traffic; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination; Models; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys
- Subject Areas: Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research;
- Accession Number: 00186780
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA-770681 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-31605, NSF-ERT74-24276
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM