WIND AND SEISMIC EFFECTS - PROCEEDINGS OF THE JOINT PANEL CONFERENCE OF THE U.S.-JAPAN COOPERATIVE PROGRAM IN NATURAL RESOURCES (9TH), HELD AT TOKYO, JAPAN IN MAY 24-27, 1977
The Ninth Joint Meeting of the U.S.-Japan Panel on Wind and Seismic Effects was held in Tokyo, Japan on May 24-27, 1977. The proceedings of the Joint Meeting include the program, the formal resolutions, and the technical papers. The subjects covered in the paper include (1) characteristics of strong winds; (2) wind loads on structures and design criteria; (3) earthquake prediction; (4) earthquake ground motions and soil failures; (5) seismic loads on structures and design criteria; (6) design of special structures; (7) earthquake hazard reduction program; and (8) quantitative evaluation of damages caused by winds and earthquakes. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
National Bureau of StandardsCenter for Building Technology
Gaithersburg, MD United States 20760
- Lew, H S
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 522 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Building; Conferences; Deformation; Design; Dynamic structural analysis; Earth movements (Geophysics); Earthquake resistant design; Earthquake resistant structures; Earthquakes; Elastic waves; Forecasting; Hazards; Loss and damage; Meetings; Seismicity; Soils; Structural design; Tornadoes; Typhoons; Wind pressure
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Earth movements; Seismic investigations; Soil deformation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00186775
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM