WIND AND SEISMIC EFFECTS - PROCEEDINGS OF THE JOINT PANEL CONFERENCE OF THE U.S.-JAPAN COOPERATIVE PROGRAM IN NATURAL RESOURCES (9TH), HELD AT TOKYO, JAPAN IN MAY 24-27, 1977
The Ninth Joint Meeting of the U.S.-Japan Panel on Wind and Seismic Effects was held in Tokyo, Japan on May 24-27, 1977. The proceedings of the Joint Meeting include the program, the formal resolutions, and the technical papers. The subjects covered in the paper include (1) characteristics of strong winds; (2) wind loads on structures and design criteria; (3) earthquake prediction; (4) earthquake ground motions and soil failures; (5) seismic loads on structures and design criteria; (6) design of special structures; (7) earthquake hazard reduction program; and (8) quantitative evaluation of damages caused by winds and earthquakes. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
National Bureau of StandardsCenter for Building Technology
Gaithersburg, MD USA 20760
- Lew, H S
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 522 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Building; Conferences; Deformation; Design; Dynamic structural analysis; Earth movements (Geophysics); Earthquake resistant design; Earthquake resistant structures; Earthquakes; Elastic waves; Forecasting; Hazards; Loss and damage; Meetings; Seismicity; Soils; Structural design; Tornadoes; Typhoons; Wind pressure
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Earth movements; Seismic investigations; Soil deformation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00186775
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM