LONG RANGE FLEET PLANNING STUDY VESSEL CONFIGURATION SYSTEM (TRADE ROUTE 27) VOLUME II: APPENDIX
This report covers the development and application of an optimum vessel configuration model in the context of Farrell Lines Trade Route 27 services from the U.S. Pacific Coast to Australia and New Zealand. The solution methodology selected was a linear programming technique employing a matrix of variables and constraints of large size. This appendix contains a listing of the results of the economic analysis. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- Prepared in cooperation with Keplar Galen and Associates, Inc., Ridgewood, NJ.
Farrell Lines IncorporatedOne Whitehall Street
New York, NY USA 10004
Keplar Galen and Associates, Incorporated320 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ USA 07450
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Malinofsky, M
- Johnson, C
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cargo ships; Commodities; Computer programs; Containers; Containerships; Costs; Design; Economic analysis; Economics; Finance; Fleet management; Freight transportation; Linear programming; Logistics; Long range planning; Management; Planning; Studies; Trade routes; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Commodity management; Computer programs (Cargo transportation); Management planning; Trade route studies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00186755
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA/RD-930-79007B Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-7-38080
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM