OPTIMIZATION OF SHIP ROUTING
An automated system for optimal ship routing is presented in this report. The optimal ship routing is essentially treated as a dynamic control process of a multi-stage, stochastic nature under the constraints of operational requirements, ocean environmental conditions and ship dynamic response characteristics.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
- Frankel, E G
- Chen, H
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic vessel control; Automation; Cargo ships; Dynamic loads; Dynamic programming; Hulls; Loss and damage; Maneuvering; Navigational aids; Optimization; Routing; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Ship simulators; Ships; Simulation; Stochastic processes; Weather routing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Ship routing
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo damage prevention; Damage control; Heavy weather damage prevention; Hull damage prevention; Hull response; Ship response; Shipboard computers
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186712
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-167 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM