AIR QUALITY ASSESSMENT OF PARTICULATE EMISSIONS FROM DIESEL-POWERED VEHICLES
The report presents estimates of the impact projected diesel-powered vehicle sales will have on the levels of total suspended particulates (TSP) and benzo(a)pyrene (BaP) to which the population is exposed. A detailed particulate emission inventory is developed for a representative test city (Kansas City, MO) for a base year (1974). Emissions and population exposure to TSP & BaP are projected for 1981, 1983, 1985, and 1990. Emissions from all sources except diesel are assumed to remain constant in order that the full impact of diesels can be seen and because insufficient time was available to vary the model. An abbreviated discussion of possible health effects attributable to organic emissions from diesel powered vehicles is included.
PEDCO Environmental, Incorporated11499 Chester Road
Cincinnati, OH USA 45246
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Research Triangle Park, NC USA 27709
- Briggs, T
- Throgmorton, J
- Karaffa, M
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Aromatic hydrocarbons; Assessments; Automobiles; Concentration (Chemistry); Crash exposure; Diesel engines; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Forecasting; Motor vehicles; Particles; Particulates; Pollutants; Public health; Sulfates; Trend (Statistics); Trucks; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure
- Geographic Terms: Missouri
- Old TRIS Terms: Aromatic polycyclic hydrocarbons
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186706
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/450/3-78/038 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-92-2515
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM