FEDERAL NOISE PROGRAM SERIES. VOLUME III. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION: NOISE POLICY AND RELATED ENVIRONMENTAL PROCEDURES
The document discusses the important features of FHWA's noise policy and related environmental procedures. It also identifies associated problems with the policy without attempting to present an 'evaluation.' No examination of how the policy actually works in the field was undertaken. The purpose of the report is to serve as aid to persons concerned with noise abatement and control activities in the Federal Government.
Environmental Protection AgencyFederal Programs Branch, 401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Effective sound pressure; Environmental impacts; Evaluation; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Land use; Noise control; Policy; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00186687
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/550/9-77/357
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM