ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT OF COAL TRANSPORTATION
Work described in this report deals with (1) primary and secondary environmental impacts resulting from transportation of coal by slurry pipeline, railroad, barge, truck, and conveyor; (2) coal preparation and associated activities, such as loading and unloading, and (3) energy efficiencies of the transport modes.
Pedco-Environmental, Incorporated11750 Chesterdale Road
Cincinnati, OH USA 45246
Environmental Protection AgencyIndustrial Environmental Research Laboratory
Cincinnati, OH USA 45268
- Szabo, M F
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Analysis; Barges; Coal; Coal industry; Coal processing; Competition; Conveyors; Costs; Energy consumption; Environmental impacts; Freight traffic; Loading and unloading; Noise; Petroleum; Pipeline transportation; Railroad transportation; Slurry pipelines; Sound level; Transportation; Transportation modes; Unit trains; Water pollution; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Coal preparation; Energy intensiveness; Energy transport; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00186686
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/600/7-78/081 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-1321
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM