KEEPING YOUR AUTOMOTIVE FLEET ON THE MOVE. A GUIDE TO ASSESSING FLEET MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE PERFORMANCE. PROTOTYPE SELF-ASSESSMENT GUIDE
This is a prototype self-assessment guide, one of two attempts by the Center to produce brief, practical guides to aid government managers and elected officials in evaluating the performance of selected government functions for which they are responsible. This guide presents five key performance questions dealing with the fleet management and maintenance function. These are: Do the operating agencies have sufficient automotive equipment available to complete work on schedule; Are too many vehicles out of service for maintenance; Is your automotive fleet too old; Does your government have too many (or too few) vehicles; Is vehicle maintenance being performed efficiently. Because the answers to these questions are interrelated in terms of fleet availability, they should be considered collectively in planning an improvement program.
Nat Center for Productivity & Qual of Working Life2000 M Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Thomas, J S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Downtime; Economic efficiency; Fleet management; Government agencies; Maintenance; Maintenance equipment; Management; Motor vehicles; Performance; Performance evaluations; Productivity; Scheduling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Fleets
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186683
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM