ANALYSIS OF CRITICAL ISSUES IN THE U. S. SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
The report identifies critical issues facing American manufacturers of ships over the next 30 years. It describes the conceptual design, the specific formulation and the results of the computer simulation model developed for the analysis. This report presents the model structure and the simulation results in sufficient detail to allow the contractor a comprehensive review. Also included are the review and comments of other knowledgeable and influential "actors" in shipbuilding, such as the Maritime Administration, the Navy, major corporate customers, and industry management and labor. The report also presents an overview of the principal issues addressed in the analysis, an examination of the structure of the simulation model and a summary of simulation results obtained from the model.
Pugh-Roberts Associates, Incorporated5 Lee
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
National Cen for Productivity & Qual Work Life2000 M Stret, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Contracts; Decision making; Industries; Labor market; Management; Planning; Production; Production control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00186673
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM