THE OHIO TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM, 1975-77 BIENNIUM; A REPORT IN RESPONSE TO THE JOINT SENATE-HOUSE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS INSPECTION COMMITTEE, 11TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Contents: The Ohio transportation program--1976 goals and objectives; Public transportation (Capital improvements, Capital assistance to private non-profit corporations and associations, Rural highway public transportation demonstration program, Ohio elderly bus fare assistance); Transportation safety (State and community safety, Highway safety, Rail-highway crossings, Ohio's rail-highway project programs); Rail transportation (Rail freight, The Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973, Ohio branch line plan, Rail passenger service); Port development (Lake Erie ports, Ohio River facilities, Issues in port development); Aviation (Aviation program summary, County airport program, Ohio's commercial airline service); Highways (New construction - federal aid, Classification of highways, Major arterial highway, Urban highway system, Rural collector highway system, Economic growth center development highways, Special bridge replacement program, Appalachian access road program, Pavement repair and resurfacing, Bridge repair and replacement, Slides, washouts, restoration of haul roads, detours and emergencies, Capital improvement planning and research programs, Miscellaneous highway related programs, Advertising device control program, Pioneer work in metrication, Lands and building program); A new program-Ohio rail transportation authority.
Columbus, OH United States 43215
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Air transportation; Airports; Branch lines; Bridges; Construction; Government funding; Harbors; Highway maintenance; Highways; Improvements; Inland waterways; Legislation; Maintenance; Marine terminals; Passenger service; Policy; Port structures; Ports; Public transit; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad transportation; Research; Road construction; Rural areas; Safety; State government; Strategic planning; Subsidies; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Grade crossing safety; Regional rail reorganization act; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00186650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1981 12:00AM