SUBSIDIES CAPITAL FORMATION, AND TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE: SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS. VOLUME 8
The report is one of a series of eight volumes prepared for the Experimental Technology Incentives Program, National Bureau of Standards. The first seven volumes are case studies of the microeconomic impacts of subsidy programs in the following industries or segments of an industry: local service air transport, maritime transport, nuclear power, mass transit, health facilities, technical publishing, and municipal wastewater treatment facilities. Emphasis is placed on the impact of subsidies on technological change. The eighth volume provides a summary and analysis of the impact of the subsidies in the seven industries, and gives conclusions with respect to the differential effects of subsidy programs with different structures and methods of administration. It also provides operational guidelines for managers respecting the implementation and evaluation of subsidy programs when capital formation and technological change are either explicit objectives or important results of the programs.
- Also available in set of 8 reports PC E19, PB-285 287-SET.
Charles River Associates, Incorporated200 Clarendon Street, John Hancock Tower
Boston, MA USA 02116
National Bureau of StandardsExperimental Technology Incentives Program
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Capital; Economic analysis; Economic development; Economic impacts; Federal assistance programs; Government funding; Incentives; Industries; Medical services; Nuclear power plants; Policy; Productivity; Public transit; Public works; Rapid transit; Sewage treatment; Subsidies; Technology; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00186635
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRA-302.19 Final Rpt., NBS-GCR-ETIP-78-47
- Contract Numbers: NBS-6-35744
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1981 12:00AM