TRANSCRIPT OF TESTIMONY BEFORE THE SPECIAL SUBCOMMITTEE ON THE TRANSPORTATION OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS BY RAIL - HOUSE PROPOSAL 45 OF THE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION
Testimony was taken on House Proposal 45 from interested witnesses. This is a Proposal for a bill to require railroad companies operating in the state of Illinois to furnish informational guides to locomotive engineers, conductors and crew regarding potentially hazardous materials which may be on board a train, the location of such materials and emergency response information covering fire response, environmental protection response procedures and evacuation measures. The document contains the testimony verbatim of the witnesses.
Illinois House Committee on TransportationSpecial Subcommittee on Transp of Hazard Materials by Rail
Springfield, IL United States
- Publication Date: 1977-7-22
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Disasters and emergency operations; Evacuation; Fire prevention; Fires; Hazardous materials; Information management; Information organization; Legislation; Personnel; Police; Prevention; Protection; Public relations; Railroad safety; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; Specifications; State government; Tank cars; Train makeup
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures; Requirement
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Tank car safety
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00186628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM