U.S.-FLAG TRANSPORTATION OF PERISHABLE IMPORTS AND EXPORTS. VOLUME 2. RESEARCH REPORT
To meet the needs of carriers and shippers for an assessment of the market for refrigerated maritime transportation and of the U.S.-flag share of that market, the Maritime Administration examined the following: the present demand for refrigerated service; the future demand likely to be in existing trades; additional demand likely to be in new trades; capacity which U.S.-flag operators offer; their competitiveness with trading-partner fleets and cross-traders; planned new capacity; sufficient capacity to satisfy demand and meet competition technological, institutional, or operational innovations to expand U.S.-flag capacity competitively with foreign-flag carriers; investments required for the expanded service; freight rates required to support added investment at the projected utilization; and MARAD'S plans to support the U.S.-flag carriers to promote U.S.-flag participation in refrigerated trades.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E09, PB-285 037-SET.
Manalytics, Incorporated625 Third Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94107
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Competition; Economic forecasting; Exports; Foreign; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Frozen cargo; Fruits; Imports; International trade; Level of service; Liner shipping; Market assessment; Market research; Merchant vessels; Perishables; Rates; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigerated ships; Statistical analysis; Trade; Transportation; Vegetables; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Freight rates; International competition; Services
- Geographic Terms: Asia; East Asia; Europe; Middle East
- Old TRIS Terms: Liner services; Projection; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00186619
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-78064
- Contract Numbers: MA-7-38004
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM