U.S.-FLAG TRANSPORTATION OF PERISHABLE IMPORTS AND EXPORTS. VOLUME 1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
To provide an assessment of the market for use in planning acquisition and operation of U.S.-flag refrigerated vessels and equipment, this study developed a statistical analysis and a description of U.S. foreign trade in perishables and of U.S.-flag and foreign-flag shipping capacity for perishables. The report presents projections of refrigerated trade to 1985 and projections of refrigerated capacity, in operation and planned, as of the end of 1977. It identifies potential profitability of refrigerated cargo, barriers to entry or expansion by U.S.-flag carriers, and recommends steps that carriers and MARAD can take to increase U.S.-flag participation in liner and nonliner refrigerated services.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E09, PB-285 037-SET.
Manalytics, Incorporated625 Third Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94107
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Economic forecasting; Exports; Freight transportation; Frozen cargo; Fruits; Imports; International trade; Level of service; Liner shipping; Market assessment; Market research; Merchant vessels; Perishables; Profitability; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigerated ships; Statistical analysis; Trade; Transportation; Vegetables; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Services
- Geographic Terms: Asia; East Asia; Europe; Middle East
- Old TRIS Terms: Liner services; Projection; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00186618
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-78063
- Contract Numbers: MA-7-38004
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM