IMPROVED MARINE BOILER RELIABILITY. PHASE II. VOLUME VI. BOILER WATER AND FEEDWATER QUALITY MAINTENANCE
This report summarizes Sheppard T. Powell Associates' review of current boiler water treatment practice followed by U.S. Shipowners, crew personnel, boiler manufacturers and Vendor-Consultants, with an overview of this practice. It also describes the fundamental treatment programs needed for boiler water and evaporator treatment control, and the place for supplemental treatment chemicals in these programs. Current utility water treatment practice has been reviewed and commented on with respect to its future application in the marine field.
- Prepared in cooperation with Powell (Sheppard T.) and Associates, Baltimore, Md.
C-E Marine Power Systems1000 Prospect Hill Road
Windsor, CT United States 06095
Powell (Sheppard T) and Associates31 Light Street
Baltimore, MD United States 21202
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Boilers; Chemical properties; Cleaning; Corrosion; Design; Evaporators; Inorganic phosphates; Marine diesel engines; pH value; Reliability; Sewage treatment; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Water chemistry; Water treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler water treatment; Chemical cleaning; Feed water treatment; Feedwater; Marine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186598
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-78039
- Contract Numbers: MA-6-38088
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM