A NOTE IN IMPERFECTION SENSITIVITY OF THIN PLATES ON A NON-LINEAR ELASTIC FOUNDATION
The considerations which follow are intended as a contribution to the asymptotic theory of the effects of imperfections on the initial post-buckling behavior of non-linear elastic structures, in the sense of KOITER. The report deals with a uniform infinite isotropic elastic plate, on a non-linear elastic foundation, and in a state of uniform two-dimensional hydrostatic compression prior to the onset of buckling.
- Also available in IUTAM Symposium of Instability of Continuous Systems, held in Herrenalb (Germany) in 1969, pp 15-18.
University of California, La JollaLa Jolla, CA United States 92037
- Reissner, E
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Deflection; Hydrostatic pressure; Plates (Engineering); Shells (Structural forms)
- Old TRIS Terms: Elastic shells; Hydrostatic loading; Plate deflections
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00040882
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM