AVIONICS PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS: A HISTORICAL REVIEW AND A CURRENT ASSESSMENT OF FLIGHT INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS IN CIVIL AVIATION
The role of flight instrumentation and control systems in the advancement of civil aviation to the safest form of commercial transportation is discussed. Safety, cost reduction, and increased capabilities provided by recent developments are emphasized. Cost/performance considerations are considered in terms of determining the relative values of comparable systems or the absolute worth of a system.
University of Illinois, SavoyAviation Research Laboratory, Willard Airport
Savoy, IL United States 61874
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airborne navigational aids; Aviation safety; Avionics; Civil aviation; Cost control; Costs; Flight control systems; Forecasting; General aviation aircraft; Instrumentation; Performance; Technology assessment; Value engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost reduction; Performance prediction
- Old TRIS Terms: Flight instruments
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186564
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-145378 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS1-15145
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM