STRAPDOWN SYSTEM REDUNDANCY MANAGEMENT FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION
The suitability of strapdown inertial systems in providing highly reliable short-term navigation for vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft operating in an intra-urban setting under all-weather conditions was assessed. A preliminary design configuration of a skewed sensor inertial reference system employing a redundancy management concept to achieve fail-operational, fail-operational performance, was developed.
Litton Systems, IncorporatedWoodland Hills, CA USA 91364
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft pilotage; Components; Flight control systems; Flight tests; Graphs; Inertial navigation systems; Instrument flying; Navigational aids; Redundancy; Rotors; Systems engineering; VTOL aircraft
- Old TRIS Terms: All-weather air navigation; All-weather aviation; Graphs charts; Parity; Readout; Redundant components; Strapdown inertial guidance
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186560
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-145356 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS1-15155
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM