THE TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT OF LTA AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
The advantages of conventional small and large airships over heavier than air aircraft are reviewed and the need for developing hybrid aircraft for passenger and heavy charge transport is assessed. Performance requirements and estimated operating costs are discussed for rota-ships to be used for short distance transportation near large cities as well as for airlifting civil engineering machinery and supplies for the construction of power stations, dams, tunnels, and roads in remote areas or on isolated islands.
- Tran-Transl. Into English of ''LTA Kokuki System on Technology Assessment'', Rept. On Res. Commissioned in 1977 by the Technol. Evaluation Comm., Agency of Ind. Sci. And Technol., Japan Ind. Technol. Assoc., Mar. 1978 p 1-269, Chapters 1-4. Subm-Trans. By Kanner (Leo) Associates, Redwood City, Calif. Original DOC. Prep. By Japan Ind. Technol. Assoc.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20546
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 362 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Airships; Cargo aircraft; Cost estimating; Estimates; Ground handling; Hangars; Helium; Lighter than air craft; Operating costs; Passenger aircraft; Short haul; STOL aircraft; Systems engineering; Technology assessment
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic configurations; Heavy lift helicopters; Lighter-than-air vehicles; Short takeoff aircraft
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186558
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TM-75535
- Contract Numbers: NASW-3199
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM