OFF DESIGN PERFORMANCE OF SUPERCHARGED TWO STROKE DIESEL ENGINES
A theoretical model is outlined suitable for predicting the real-cycle of marine turbocharged two stroke diesel engines. A computational procedure for evaluating the overall off design performances of such an engine is also suggested. The theoretical predictions are in good agreement with the real cycle and the off design performances experimentally measured by an Italian company.
- Conf-Presented at the 32D Natl. Congr. Of the Assoc. Termotec. Ital., Rome, 20-23 Sep. 1977.
Rome University, ItalyFacolta di Ingegneria
Rome 00184, Italy
- Dadone, A
- Fortunato, B
- Napolitano, M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Design; Diesel engines; Engines; Equipment design; Mathematical models; Performance; Ships; Simulation; Superchargers; Turbines; Turbochargers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Cycles; Diesel design; Diesel performance; Diesel simulators; Engine design; Reciprocation; Supercharging; Turbocharged diesels; Turbomachinery
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186547
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: CNR-CT-75.01135.07
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM