SIGNS AND DISPLAY SYSTEMS: GRAPHIC DESIGN AND HUMAN ENGINEERING (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography contains annotated references to research reports covering varied aspects of design of signs and displays, particularly in the transportation field. Specific topics include: highway sign design; highway sign legibility; traffic control devices; transportation graphics; visual perception of aircraft instrument display systems; human engineering of symbols; and legibility of maps. (This updated bibliography contains 170 abstracts, 15 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Spersedes NTIS/PS-76/0967, NTIS/PS-75/791, NTIS/PS-75/073, and NTIS/PS-77/1081/7ST.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Shonyo, C A
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 177 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Design; Graphic arts; Human factors engineering; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Instrument panels; Legibility; Symbols; Traffic signs; Transportation; Visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Displays
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00186501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM