APPLICATION OF OPTIMAL CONTROL THEORY TO SUPERSHIP MANEUVERING
The primary objective of this report is to apply modern control theory methods to key problems involving the dynamics and control of superships. These methods are aimed at increasing the safety and cost efficiency with which these ships can be maneuvered in restricted waterways. (Author)
Grumman Aerospace Corp.Bethpage, NY USA
- Carpenter, G
- Falco, M
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Cost effectiveness; Docking; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Navigation computers; Navigation radar; Real time control; Real time data processing; Rudders; Safety; Ship motion; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Ships; Simulation; Very large crude carriers; Water traffic; Waterways
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine rudders; Restricted water operation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RE-557 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM