INVESTIGATION OF METHODS FOR EXTRACTION, DETECTION, AND IDENTIFICATION OF WATER-SOLUBLE ADMIXTURES IN CONCRETE
Methods for detecting, identifying, and quantitatively measuring carbohydrates and salts of hydroxylated carboxylic-acid admixtures in concrete were investigated. Two published methods for detecting sugar and an unpublished method for detecting both sugar and sodium gluconate were evaluated. Other methods investigated included: thin-layer chromatography, infrared spectroscopy, and high-pressure liquid chromatography.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Bean, D L
- Husbands, T B
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Carbohydrates; Chemical analysis; Chromatography; Concrete; Detection and identification; Detectors; Infrared spectroscopy; Liquid chromatography; Measurement; Mixtures; Quantitative analysis; Resource extraction; Salts; Sodium compounds; Sugar
- Uncontrolled Terms: Carboxylic acids; Extraction (Chemistry); Thin layers
- Old TRIS Terms: Water soluble materials
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00186338
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-MP-C-78-9 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM