STUDY OF FORCE EFFECTS ON SELECTED MATERIALS USED IN CARGO TO VEHICLE RESTRAINT SYSTEMS FOR RAIL TRANSPORT. VOLUME 5. EFFECTIVENESS OF WHEEL CHOCKS IN THE CHAIN RESTRAINT SYSTEM ON DODX 80 TON FLATCAR
This report presents results of tests that were conducted during September 1977 to measure the effectiveness of wheel chocks when a vehicle is secured to a flatcar equipped with a chain restraint system.
- See also Volume 1, RRIS 22 186235; Bulletin 7902.
Military Traffic Management CommandTransportation Engineering Agency
Newport News, VA United States 23606
- Jackson, E
- Kenna, J
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Blocking; Chains; Equipment tests; Flat cars; Freight cars; Impact tests; Loading and unloading; Military shipments; Military vehicles; Railroad cars; Railroad transportation; Restraint systems; Test procedures; Tiedowns; Trucks; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Restraint
- Old TRIS Terms: Chocks; Dunnage; Freight car loading; Lading protection; Military traffic; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186336
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTMC-TR-73-14-5, SARAC-DEV-4-73-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM