STUDY OF FORCE EFFECTS ON SELECTED MATERIALS USED IN CARGO TO VEHICLE RESTRAINT SYSTEMS FOR RAIL TRANSPORT. VOLUME 2. LABORATORY DYNAMIC TESTS ON WOOD-NAIL ASSEMBLIES
This report presents the results from laboratory tests that simulated field dynamic conditions of forces on wood-nail assemblies. Between April 1973 and May 1977, 336 laboratory test specimens, three samples per specimen, were tested on a modified conbur type inclined ramp.
- See also Volume 1, RRIS 22 186235; Bulletin 7902.
Military Traffic Management CommandTransportation Engineering Agency
Newport News, VA USA 23606
- Jackson, E
- Kenna, J
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 346 p.
- TRT Terms: Blocking; Dynamic tests; Equipment tests; Fastenings; Field tests; Force; Freight cars; Impact tests; Laboratory tests; Loading and unloading; Loads; Military vehicles; Nails; Railroad transportation; Ramps; Restraint systems; Simulation; Test facilities; Test procedures; Trucks; Wood
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading; Restraint
- Old TRIS Terms: Dunnage; Force mechanics; Freight car loading; Lading protection; Nails fasteners; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00186333
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTMC-TR-73-14-2, SARAC-DEV-4-73-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM