THE STEPCHILD OF R AND D - THE DISPLACEMENT MONOHULL
This paper demonstrates the need for a comprehensive Advanced Development RDT and E Program in the area of the hydrodynamic design of Displacement monohulls for naval surface ships, and outlines a proposed Surface SHIP (Ship Hydrodynamics - Improved Performance) R and D Program which will fulfill this need.
- Proceedings of the Annual Technical Symposium (15th), Association of Scientists and Engineers of the Naval Air and Sea Systems Command, Washington, DC, 1978.
Association of Scientists and Engineers of NASSCDepartment of the Navy
Washington, DC United States 203632
- Keane Jr, R G
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Conferences; Forecasting; Hulls; Hydrodynamics; Military vessels; Research management; Vehicle design; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design; Ship design; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull configurations; Hull forms; Hull vibration; Hydrodynamic configurations
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00186278
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM