DREDGED MATERIAL TRANSPORT SYSTEMS FOR INLAND DISPOSAL AND/OR PRODUCTIVE USE CONCEPTS
The purpose of this study is to identify and evaluate transportation systems applicable for the movement of dredged material inland. This report is intended to provide generalized data which can be utilized in evaluating the economic potential of inland disposal alternatives for specific applications across the country. Considerable detail from both a technical and economic point of view is provided to allow the users of this report to apply the information presented to their particular situations. Where a given application requires modification in a specific transportation concept and/or an alteration in specific cost elements, the level of detail in this report should facilitate any such required changes.
- Report on Dredged Material Research Program.
General Research CorporationOperations Analysis Division, Westgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
- Souder Jr, P S
- TOBIAS, L
- Imperial, J F
- Mushal, F C
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 319 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge operations; Bulk cargo handling; Competition; Dredging; Economic analysis; Motor carriers; Physical distribution; Slurry pipelines; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk handling
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00186247
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-TR-D-78-28 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM