TAXICAB OPERATING CHARACTERISTICS
The report presents the combined results of two mail questionnaire surveys of the taxicab industry conducted in 1974 and 1976. The focus is on taxicab operating characteristics such as types of operations, vehicles, and services provided; industry structure; passenger operations; utilization of employees and vehicles; cost and revenue relationships; and fare structure.
- Prepared in cooperation with Wells Research Co., Silver Spring, MD.
Control Data Corporation,
Wells Research Company607 Valleybrook Drive
Silver Spring, MD United States 20940
Department of TransportationAssistant Secretary for Policy and International Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles by type; Fares; Finance; Level of service; Operating costs; Operations; Passengers; Personnel management; Questionnaires; Revenues; Surveys; Taxicab drivers; Taxicabs; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Services; Vehicle make
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TPI/10-77/22 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1981 12:00AM