STRUCTURAL AREA INSPECTION FREQUENCY EVALUATION (SAIFE). VOLUME IV. SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION AND USER'S MANUAL. BOOK 1-INITIAL PROGRAM
To assist in the evaluation of proposed structural inspection programs for commercial jet transport aircraft, a logic was developed to simulate structural defects, failures, and inspections. This logic was incorporated in a computer program entitled Structural Area Inspection Frequency Evaluation (SAIFE). With the objective of quantifying the evaluation process currently used to establish and modify inspection intervals, SAIFE accounts for the following factors: (1) aircraft design analysis; (2) fatigue testing; (3) production, service, and corrosion defects; (4) probability of crack or corrosion detection; and (5) aircraft modification economics. As a five-volume document, this report covers the initial contract effort plus a subsequent parametric analysis as follows; Volume I (entitled Executive Summary) presents the SAIFE logic and documents the methodology for the decision-making processes, in the simulation logic. Volume II (entitled Description of Simulation Logic) details the SAIFE simulation logic, presents the background data for the analytical functions and decision-making processes, and includes data for a typical simulation problem. Volume III (entitled Demonstration Input, Inspection Survey, and MRR Data) presents data tabulations derived from historical trends and design input data for a SAIFE demonstration problem. As the user's manual for the SAIFE computer program, Volume IV contains detailed computer logic flow diagrams and a complete listing of the program which is written in SIMSCRIPT II.5. Volume V (entitled Results of Model Demonstration) presents the results of the program application to a hypothetical aircraft.
- See also Volume 4, Book 2, AD-A059 539. Availability: Microfiche copies only.
Technology, Incorporated3480 New German Itebain Road
Dayton, OH United States 45431
- Dinkeloo, C J
- Moran, M S
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aviation safety; Civil aircraft; Computer programs; Corrosion; Failure; Fatigue (Mechanics); Flow charts; Fracture mechanics; Inspection; Jet transports; Loss and damage; Maintenance management; Manuals; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Simulation; Structural analysis; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft maintenance; Damage assessment; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow charting
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186133
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-78-29-4-BK-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA74WA-3493
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM