ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF A THEORY OF TRAVELER ATTITUDE-BEHAVIOR OF INTERRELATIONSHIPS. VOLUME III: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY; OVERVIEW OF METHODS, RESULTS, AND CONCLUSIONS
The summary report offers an overview of methods, results, and conclusions which support the development of a theory of traveler attitude-behavior interrelationships. Such a theory will be useful in the design of transport systems and operating policies which satisfy passenger requirements. A summary of project methods and achievements as evidenced by project reports serves as an introduction of theoretical considerations which guided the study. Various attitudinal components are identified and defined. Brief discussions of multiattribute models, hierarchical models, market segmentation, and structural equations are offered as a basis for appreciating theoretical and empirical findings. Selected findings are presented to clarify the nature of traveler attitude-behavior interrelationships. The relevance of study findings to traveler behavior theory and transport policy analysis is noted.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 2, PB-286 664. Also available in a set of 3 reports, PB-286662/SET.
CHARLES RIVER ASSOCIATESCAMBRIDGE, MA United States
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Behavior; Consumer behavior; Consumer preferences; Consumer protection; Data collection; Marketing; Mathematical models; Measurement; Mode choice; Passenger service; Passengers; Sociology; Theory; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel; Travel demand; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00186118
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRA-34-VOL-3 Final Rpt., DOT-TSC-RSPA-78-14-VOL-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1326
- Files: NTIS, NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1981 12:00AM