AUTO RESTRICTED ZONE/MULTI-USER VEHICLE SYSTEM STUDY. VOLUME IV. SITE SELECTION METHODOLOGY
Volume IV presents methodology followed in the selection of sites for auto restricted zones (ARZ) demonstrations. Of more than 75 applicants, five cities were selected for participation: Boston; Burlington; Memphis; Providence; and Tucson. The report includes the design of site specific programs to demonstrate this methodology in the five selected cities. The program was structured into seven major work elements which are outlined in the study. In the review process for each city, indicators of past performance, present commitment, future planning in institutional performance, transportation factors, and urban form and opportunities were examined. Six basic criteria were submitted to each city and are presented in this report.
- Prepared in cooperation with Cambridge Systematics, Inc. Ma., and Moore-Heder Architects, Cambridge, MA. See also Volume 3, PB-286315, and PB-286317. Also available in set of 9 reports PC E20, PB-286 312-SET.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Moore-Header Architects806 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02118
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Herald, W S
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; City planning; Highway traffic; Land use; Pedestrian areas; Pedestrians; Surveying; Surveying; Traffic control; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles; Zoning
- Geographic Terms: Arizona; Massachusetts; Rhode Island; Tennessee; Vermont
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186089
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-VA-06-0042-78-4Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1057
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1981 12:00AM