SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ANALYSIS FOR FUTURE TOWER CAB CONFIGURATIONS/SYSTEMS
This report presents the results of the analysis of various aspects of the integration of future ATC systems into the tower cab. The impact on the tower cab environment is analyzed from several points of view: how the systems information and displays might be used to approach idealized controller station configurations; how the cab equipment and displays resulting from these systems might be fitted into existing controller station configurations; how those systems--some not yet fully defined--might evolve and interact with the present and future systems; how the data-processing functions and equipment might be integrated; and how, or if, economies might be achieved through common siting of certain system sensors.
- Continuation of Rept. nos. FAA-EM-77-10/(DOT-TSC-FAA-77-19), AD-A048 306 and FAA-EM-77-16/(DOT-TSC-FAA-78-2), AD-A054 608.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Hobbs, V J
- Clapp, D F
- Rempfer, P
- Stevenson, L E
- Devoe, D
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic control facilities; Air traffic controllers; Airport control towers; Airport operations; Human machine systems; Information display systems; Information processing; Integrated systems; International airports; Personnel performance; Radar; Systems analysis; Terminal air traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic control terminal; Airport radar systems; Performance human
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00186057
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TSC-FAA-78-6, FAA-EM-78-10
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 2002 12:00AM