CALIFORNIA INNOVATION GROUP, INTEGRATED LIST OF URBAN NEEDS
The report should serve as the initial phase of a process by which NASA's existing technology can be matched with identified urban problems. A review of the various problems/needs lists (included) should provide an entry point for technological and analytical problems which are within NASA's ranges of interest. Objectives of the study were to: (1) provide an integrated problem/needs listing with participation in the needs assessment by Anaheim, Fresno, Pasadena, and San Jose; (2) provide a preliminary analysis to determine the priority ranking of the identified problems/needs; (3) provide some identification of approaches to potential solutions, utilizing aerospace technology; (4) begin to establish a working relationship between the member cities of the California Innovation Group and NASA, as well as other Federal Laboratories, to more effectively utilize existing technology in satisfying urban needs. Items selected by the Science Advisors as meriting special consideration for technology transfer activity are included.
- Prepared in cooperation with California Innovation Group, Inc., San Jose.
Lockheed Missiles and Space Company Incorporated111 Lockheed Way
Sunnyvale, CA USA 94088
California Innovation Group, IncorporatedSan Jose, CA USA
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Weiss, J
- Publication Date: 1974-11-30
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; City planning; Construction; Fire prevention; Fires; Fuel oils; Local government; Maintenance; Management; Noise control; Police; Problem solving; Safety; Sewers; Street lighting; Streets; Technical assistance; Technology transfer
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Systems management
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Construction; Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00185977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/G-74/076
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 2002 12:00AM