PREDICTION AND MEASUREMENT OF ROCK TUNNEL DISPLACEMENTS
Predictions, using finite element models, were made of the displacements of three rock tunnels but field measurements showed these predictions to be seriously in error. The reasons for these errors are discussed with particular reference to the analytical design of tunnel linings.
University of SydneyCivil Engineering Laboratories
Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
- PELLS, PJN
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Dislocation (Geology); Elasticity (Mechanics); Finite element method; Forecasting; Measurement; Physical properties; Plasticity; Rocks; Tests; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunnels; Underground structures; Validation
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties; Rock tunneling; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00185892
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-317 Res Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM