OHMSETT "HIGH SEAS" PERFORMANCE TESTING: MARCO CLASS V OIL SKIMMER
A MARCO Class V oil skimmer was tested at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's OHMSETT facility to determine the device's "high seas" performance characteristics. Performance data was obtained for several simulated offshore wave conditions at various collection speeds. Skimmer efficiency was determined at various belt speeds and induction pump rates in order to define optimum skimmer settings and to better define oil/water separator needs.
Mason & Hanger-Silas Mason Company, IncorporatedHighway 36
Leonardo, NJ USA 07737
Environmental Protection AgencyIndustrial Environmental Research Laboratory
Cincinnati, OH USA 45268
- Smith, G F
- McCracken, W E
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Oceans; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Performance; Performance tests; Pumps; Ship operations; Water quality management; Water transportation; Water waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Collection; High seas oil recovery; Oil removal equipment; Oil skimmers; Ship performance; Skimmers
- Subject Areas: Environment; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00185868
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/600/2-78/093 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-0490
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM