AN OVERVIEW OF RIDESHARING AND MASS TRANSIT EMPLOYER INCENTIVES
The report reviews the incentives currently being used by public and private sector employers to encourage employee use of ridesharing and mass transit as an alternative to the single occupant vehicle and identifies a few successful incentive programs. The legal and institutional aspects of employer sponsored incentive programs are discussed in some detail. Existing carpool matching systems and costs are briefly discussed.
Environmental Protection AgencyAir Planning & Operations Section, 1860 Lincoln Avenue
Denver, CO USA 80203
- Tucker, JWJ
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Costs; Government employees; Incentives; Legal factors; Parking facilities; Private enterprise; Programming (Planning); Public transit; Ridesharing; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00185863
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/908/1-78/002 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1982 12:00AM