BICYCLE COMPLIANCE TEST MANUAL
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) promulgated a Federal Bicycle Safety Regulation January 28, 1976. This compliance test manual comprises all of the compliance tests that are specified in Federal Register Notice, January 28, 1976. The compliance tests are classified as visual simple and laboratory tests. Test methods and procedures are provided for testing the compliance of bicycle systems such as braking, frame and fork, wheels, seats, handlebars and reflectors. The CPSC advises interested parties that its compliance test procedures and methods, and equipment are not unique to the requirements in the regulation in that there are approaches other than those herein that could have been chosen to perform the bicycle compliance testing. All parties are reminded that Part 1512, FRN January 28, 1976 takes precedence over this document.
Consumer Product Safety CommissionProduct Standards Division, 1750 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Edinger, K W
- Publication Date: 1976-3-19
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Bicycles; Braking; Consumer protection; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Frames; Product safety; Reflectorized materials; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; Seats; Specifications; Tests; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Requirement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00185860
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 502496
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM