A STUDY OF CHARACTERISTICS OF INTERCITY TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. PHASE 1: DEFINITION OF TRANSPORTATION COMPARISON METHODOLOGY--EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The objectives of this study are: (1) to determine a unified methodological framework for the comparison of intercity passenger and freight transportation systems; (2) to review the attributes of existing and future transportation systems for the purpose of establishing measures of comparison. These objectives were made more specific to include: (1) development of a methodology for comparing long term transportation trends arising from implementation of various R&D programs; (2) definition of value functions and attribute weightings needed for further transportation goals.
- Subm-Sponsored in Part by DOT.
Econergy IncorporatedLos Angeles, CA United States
- English, J M
- SMITH, J L
- Lifson, M W
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Commodities; Competition; Decision making; Economic analysis; Environmental impacts; Freight transportation; Intercity transportation; Life cycle costing; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Social factors; Socioeconomic factors; Systems analysis; Technological forecasting; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Value engineering; Weighting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Weighting functions
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00185811
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-152153-2
- Contract Numbers: NAS2-9814
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM