PHASE 1: DEFINITION OF INTERCITY TRANSPORTATION COMPARISON FRAMEWORK. VOLUME 2: METHODOLOGY
Categories of cost and service measures that will appropriately define the characteristics of all intercity transportation systems were established. Previous methods of comparing transportation systems were reviewed. Specific comparison variables, applicable to all modes were defined, and the functional relationships by which these variables are interdependent were explored. A framework by which the set of variables may be employed for comparison of data from the individual systems was constructed.
Operations Research, Incorporated1400 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
- Publication Date: 1978-7-19
- Pagination: 251 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Cities; Competition; Costs; Demand; Economic analysis; Energy consumption; Environment; Environmental impacts; Freight bills; Freight transportation; Intercity transportation; Mode S; Operations research; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Rates; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis; Cost analysis; Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy intensiveness; Freight costs; Transportation energy
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00185784
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-152152-V-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS2-9815
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM