RADAR DATA EXTRACTION. AN ERGONOMIC EVALUATION OF THE IOTRON DIGIPLOT ON BOARD SS "METHANE PRINCESS"
The operation value of computerized automatic plotters and their usefulness as data extractors of the calculation of sophisticated danger functions in marine navigation, was assessed. Results are presented of an ergonomic evaluation, performed onboard SS Methane Princess, in which special attention was paid to the decision methods used by the navigator in avoiding collisions.
Koninklijke/Shell-LaboratoriumBadhusweg No. 3
- Vandenhoed, W C
- Vroon, P A
- Zwaga, HJG
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Collision avoidance systems; Data plotters; Decision making; Human factors engineering; Navigation radar; Navigational aids; Position fixing; Position indicators; Radar; Radar displays; Ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic radar plotting; Digital plotters; Navigators; Position finding; Radar plotting; Ss methane princess
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00185770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AMSR.0043.75
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM