INITIAL CALCULATIONS FOR THE THEORETICAL INVESTIGATION OF THE HIGH SPEED LOCOMOTIVE E103
PILOTRECHNUNG ZUR THEORETISCHEN UNTERSUCHUNG DER SCHNELLFAHRLOKOMOTIVE E103
Pressure and velocity distributions at the surface of a simplified model of the high speed locomotive E103 of the German railways were calculated using the panel procedure for compressible frictionless flow with sideslip angles of 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 deg. The force and moment coefficients were obtained by integration of the pressure distribution over the vehicle surface. The overlap principle was used to develop a procedure with which the velocity and pressure distribution and the coefficients for random sideslip angles can be calculated from only two sideslip angle values obtained with the panel procedure.
- Language in German.
Deutsche Forschungs-u Versuchsanst f Luft-u RaumftBerlin, Germany
- Stoffers, G
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Air resistance; Compressible flow; Drag; Locomotives; Moments (Mechanics); Panels; Pressure; Vehicle design; Velocity; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Force distribution; Moment distribution; Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic coefficients; Frictionless environments; Locomotive design; Sideslip; Velocity distribution
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00185762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DLR-IB-151-77/15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM