BUS TRANSPORTATION. PART 2. LOCAL STUDIES (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The second part of a two-part study of bus transportation, principally in the U.S., covers the planning, testing, operation, and evaluation of bus systems and facilities in specific localities. Abstracts are alphabetically arranged according to the states or other areas from which information has been obtained. The materials deal with community relations, environmental issues, financing, management, maintenance, problems, benefits and costs, alternatives, travel patterns and modes, demand, vehicles, theories, and social aspects. Feasibility studies, performance assessments, public relations, road and highway issues, experimental programs, local projects, and special services are also included. (This updated bibliography contains 259 abstracts, 27 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 263 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Attitudes; Benefit cost analysis; Bibliographies; Bus lines; Bus transportation; Cities; Cities and towns; City planning; Communities; Demand; Passenger transportation; Problem solving; Public administration; Public relations; Public transit; Revenues; Routes; Scheduling; Sociology; Systems engineering; Transportation operations; Transportation system management; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00185703
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1981 12:00AM